Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQ Queue Channel Monitor configuration

srinivasarao_as
Organizer

Hi Team

We are using Dynatrace 6.5 version

We have a requirement to monitor MQ Queues ( to capture the metrics like Current_queue depth etc.,)
We have got all the details about MQ Queue (queue manager, port, channel,melqueue, initqueue host, username and password)
We are trying to configure the MQ Queue Channel Monito but with no success. We filled in all the details and added the host. when we run the monitor we are getting the error

"setup method: com.ibm.mq.MQException exception occured. Reason Code = 2538; Error code = ; Message = 'MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2538'.'; Stacktrace is 'com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2538'."

Please help on this issue. We do not understand where we are going wrong.Please find the attached screenshots with error description. screenshot.jpgrun-failed.jpg error-description.jpg

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

2 REPLIES 2

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Based on a quick google of that message, I would check that the collector you run the plugin on has access to the host and port of the MQ queue manager. I would run "ping >MQ HOST/IP>" and if that works, "telnet <MQ HOST/IP> <MQ PORT>" from the collector to verify it can connect.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Also I would check the logs for the plugin which will be on the collector it is executing from. When we were troubleshooting this plugin regarding an SSL certficate issue the full error message printed in the logs was necessary to resolve.