cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Infrastructure permission

Hi,

we would like to give our users the Dynatrace AM rights to create labels and assign those labels to the hosts that the users work on.

There`s a permission called Manage Infrastructure. I believe this permission allows users to create labels. However, would you provide an official description for this permission, please?

Also, this permission is at server level. So my understanding is that we can`t limit the scope of this permission to the system profile that a user belongs to. Isn`t that right?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Daniele,

I believe the permission you're looking for is "Manage Server Configuration" because although hosts are created on the infrastructure tab, it is within the server settings.

You are correct, this is a global server setting, so the system profiles allocated at the group level have no impact in this scope.

Thanks!

-Cody

Thanks Cody. I wonder what the Manage Infrastructure permission is used for at this point (which in turn brings up the same question - that is if a description for that permission would be available somewhere).

Hi Daniele,

I just tested it locally, you'll need to give both of the permissions.

Manage Infrastructure = View and alter Infrastructure tab

Manager Server Configuration = Save the changes made

-Cody

Awesome! Thanks a lot for your help!

Glad to help! Please add another comment if it's not appearing to work as intended.