Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Remote Batch Processes through Eclipse Plugin

basant_k_mishra
Newcomer

5 REPLIES 5

basant_k_mishra
Newcomer

We execute Batch performanc test and monitoring it with dynatrace 5.6 client. Since these batches are running on linux server and remotely access through the webstart client, i would like to know that can we manage it through eclipse plugin.

Thanks,

Basant

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Basant

On your local machine where you use your dynaTrace 5.6 client to look at the PurePaths you can use the Eclipse Plugin to drill from a method in the PurePath to your source code line in Eclipse. This works if you have Eclipse installed locally and your workspace also contains the source code of your batch job program.

is that what you are asking for? Or what else do you mean with manage?

Andi

Thanks Andi for quick reply. Yes I am looking for the same. Do I need to setup anything at Dyntarce client side as I cant see an option of eclipse from dynatrace pure path.

Regards,

Basant

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

In the PurePath you can right click on a Method and select -> Source Codé Lookup -> Open in IDE. This will reach out to your locally installed Eclpise and ask it to open that line of source code. You need to have Eclipse running and the Eclipse Plugin needs to be installed. Then this should work

Thanks. Got it.

Also I have another question which I am not sure that I should put it in the same thread or not. If not the apologies for the ignorance.

As we are working in continous deployment environment, does Dynatrace will have any dashboard which will genearte a comparative report of each build we have.

Regards,

Basant