cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Conflict Elasticsearch/Kibana

BabarQayyum
Leader

Dear All,

We have a situation with the message of '2 fields are defined as several types (string, integer, etc) across the indices that match this pattern. You may still be able to use these conflict fields in parts of Kibana, but they will be unavailable for functions that require Kibana to know their type. Correcting this issue will require reindexing your data.'

green open dt_2018-10 TiCLyJLOS3a1T18qrVSrIg 5 1 472058 0 426.7mb 213.9mb
green open dt_2018-11 LUEdRCV-T0qJvxGHKYsRKw 2 1 0 0 1kb 522b

The said situation is started once the new index dt_2018-11 added for new month. Looking forward for your expert advises to solve the issue.

Regards,

Babar

2 REPLIES 2

dominik_stadler
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Can you provide the mapping for the two indices? This will allow to see which field actually conflicts.

See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/indices-get-mapping.html for how to do this.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @Dominik S.

First of all thank you to look into this situation and secondly I apologize that I could not update the current post.

I did a basic mistake while configuring the PureLytics Stream and that was the selection of Target. By mistakenly I have chosen Elasticsearch 1-5 even my installed version of Elasticsearch was 6.4.x

Therefore, only one index dt_2018-10 was created for the month of October and in the month of November automatically created index was dt_2018-11.

After created the index dt_2018-11, we found that there is a message about the mapping conflict and no data is available for the index dt_2018-11.

While troubleshooting I changed my Target to Elasticsearch 6 and the situation was fixed with the creation of below indices automatically.

Now I am expecting that in the next month the same situation should not appear because during index pattern I have chosen the data.startTime for the indices.

I attached the result of GET /dt_*/_mapping for your analysis.

indices-mapping-result.docx

Regards,

Babar