cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of aggregation LAST in Login TOTAL TIME Calculation Businee Transaction

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hi All,

I am working AppMon Dynatrace Admin and monitoring resource.

Say for example. I monitor XXX application.

The measure (under page actions) and BT are defined as follows to calculate the response time of the login.

May I please know why we give LAST as aggregation in total time, why not sum or avg.

Is it every xxx login considered individually when we give last as aggregate.i.e only one login for consideration.

I am not able to understand exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Karthikayini M

4 REPLIES 4

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

This is just the aggregation that we are using to create this business transaction. In this case it doesn't matter what the aggregation is because we are just looking for the time over 1 ms to put into this BT. Last is just saying show me the last User Action that matches click on "Login" that occurs in a single User Action, if this were a purepath for something like /login a tree might look like

/login - Web Server

/login - Servlet

if we looked at the last web request named /login it would grab the total time from the servlet instead of the Web Server

Hi @Kyle K.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell how is we look for 1ms time to put into this BT.

1ms is what defined in threshold or 1ms is standard for all BT?

Can you please explain what is that threshold in measure meaning.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hi @Kyle K.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell how is we look for 1ms time to put into this BT.

1ms is what defined in threshold or 1ms is standard for all BT?

Can you please explain what is that threshold in measure meaning.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

pahofmann
Champion

If the Calculate Business Transaction per is set to User Action and your Total Time measure is a User Action measre, It will not matter if you choose last, avg, min or max.

You are evaluating a User Action, which only has one User Action Total Time so all aggregations mentioned above will be the same.

If you use a PurePath time measure though, the aggregation would make a difference, as a User Action can have multiple PurePaths.