cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure picker not showing applications for splittings

herbsleb_mark
Contributor

I am attempting to create a web dashboard with Dynatrace AppMon 7.0.15.1019 that displays metrics (avg response time, max response time, total requests, failed transactions, 404's, 500's, and database exceptions) for 7 of my applications. My problem is that when I add some of the measures and attempt to split by application, some of my applications don't show up (say for database exceptions). Presumably (by looking at other tickets), this is because the applications haven't recorded a metric during the time frame I have set for the dashboard. If that is the case, I can't understand the rationale as all of these applications have the potential for a database exception in the future, but I don't want to have to wait for it to happen to be able to add it to the dashboard. I am thinking ALL the applications should be listed that are in the profile. Am I understanding how this all works correctly and would need to submit an Request For Enhancement?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

thorsten_roth
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Is this working in the rich client? In other words, can you create the dashboard you want in the rich client?

herbsleb_mark
Contributor

Unfortunately, it acts the same way in the rich client. Doing some more research, it looks to be the way Dynatrace works, but there is an RFE out there to change this behavior (https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/131737/view.html).