cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure "Details" tab is disabled

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

i want to create a measure filtered with only a particular application or an Agent group but i find them disabled. what could be the problem?

snapshot.jpg

Br,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Chris,

none of the measures in the "BT Evaluation/Filter/Splitting Value" group can have any splittings, as we need them aggregated internally (for BT evaluation). Maybe you can create a "Web Request" group measure that does what you need? Best regards,

Peter

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks very much Peter for that clarification.

Whats the difference between the two types of Web requests---those in "BT Evaluation/Filter/Splitting Value" and out of it in data capturing?

Br,

Chris

There shouldn't be a difference in data capturing, but they have
different purposes. The measures in the "BT ..." group are mainly used
for splittings and therefore are mainly string based (therefore you also
can't really chart most of them). The "Web Request" measures are used
for charting and are numerical, like "time" and "count" and so on.

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks very much Peter for such clarification again

Actually, i have been confused of these types of Web requests. Now you can help on which to use importantly because, i normally sent "services" and their "URLs" by app owners to monitor but i fail to choose which i should use to come up with vivid results on dashboards.

Br,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm not a very skilled dashboard creator myself, but I think you might want to create a BT and chart the result measures instead of measures directly, if you need any splittings at all (that are not agents / applications). Have you tried BTs? Br,

Peter

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi Peter,

Sorry, i meant BTs. what should be the type web request for vivid results in the BT?

Br.

Chris

You can use the same one you have in your screenshot, without splittings. The splittings can be enabled then in the BT "splitting" section.