cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure to count the distinct logins doing actions

jcamps
Advisor

Hi all,

I've one BT wich splits all requests by username (the username is one Servlet Session Attribute) and works fine.

Now my customer want to chart the number of different logins, any idea of how can I achieve that?

He wants to view how many active user are in the systems, and wants to know that without UEM!

Regards, Josep Maria

6 REPLIES 6

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Josep,

Correct me, if I am wrong.

Are you looking for the unique users (different logins) on the server side?

Do you also want to store them in the performance warehouse?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

1.- yes, in one session attribute in the server side

2.- yes, my BT stores in the performace warehouse and what I'm looking is a measure to count these distinct logins to put this number in a chart... My customer wants to view how many active user are in the system...

Regards!

Hello Josep,

Basically I had a bad experience because number of user were too many and we are also storing the 'High Resolution' data for a month so unique users went more than 50,000 (even though we can increase the limit) and the business transaction was stopped collecting data.

You can achieve this with the custom sensor.

I did the following steps to achieve this requirement from the server side:

• Created a custom sensor to get the Username / User ID as return value e.g. (getUserLogin).
  • Then created a business transaction on that method and split on the Method - Return Value.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

maybe I may not have explained myself correctly, the BT splitting by user ID is working fine (and for this application there's no more than 1000 users).

What I want now is one measure to count the distinct logins are in the system.

Regards, Josep Maria

Hello Josep,

What about 'Active Connections' and 'Active Sessions' of Web Server or 'Active Count' or 'Live Count' of Application Server.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

thanks a lot for your responses and also for your time! I will try, but there's no way to count the different values on the splitting measure for a BT?

Regards,

Josep Maria