cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Measures and BT's deleted in Measure health - Top Contributors

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi all,

in order to improve the performance for my Dynatrace installation performance I want to remove some measures not relevant to as. To do that I look the Measure health DB, in the Top Contributors (Busines Transactions) Dashlet.

Looking this dashlet, I see here measures associated to BT's deleted for months, how is it possible?

Regards,

Ps: I'm in AppMon 6.5

2 REPLIES 2

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Josep,

the measure health graph shows splittings that are stored in the pwh. If you delete the definition of a business transaction, these splittings will stay for as long as the mid resolution duration (by default 2 months), then they should be auto-purged (if that option is selected in the pwh config, which it is by default).

These splittings shouldn't have too much influence on performance, though, unless your performance issues are related to writing into the pwh, since they don't figure in the analyzers' daily business of extracting measures from purepath data anymore.

If you wish to drop these splittings manually, let me know, there are database scripts for that.

If you wish to purge these splittings before deleting a BT definition, you can right-click on it and say "Remove Measures for Transaction". Let me know if you need more details, cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter!