cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Leak Analysis

igor_simoes1
Inactive

Hi I am doing a memory leak analysis for a customer and this is really giving us a hardtime. We can see through the memory dashboards from the Java process that OLD Generation memory consumption increases repeatedly until we have to restart the process.

In that regard this night I was able to run a full memory leak analysis Memory Dump after collecting several Memory Trending dumps. What I can see is that there is a huge growth on the on the char[] and string instances, but none of them a referenced by applicatoin classes. I can also see that the VMRoot shows 8.18 GB consumption. Followed by some framework classes and them LifeRay specific classes.

Following the direct references I can see the following:

I also can see loads of PortletServlet requests (13,830 to be pricesily) all of them with around 790 KB,

With this content:

In that regard I am not sure, but maybe I should require LifeRay support to further investigate this. What else can I do on this to get to a better understanding? Right now I am almost 100% sure that this is not an application problem as no classes from the customer (Carrefour) appear eating up the memory.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Igor

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Igor

Thanks for sharing. Seems like a caching issue with Liferay. I think you have enough information to approach the Liferay team. Get their opinion on how it is possible that you have 2.5GB of these ServletRequest objects on the heap. Maybe there are some cache settings that you can tweak so that some of these items are cleared earlier

andi

igor_simoes1
Inactive

Andy,

Thank you very much for your advise on this. I am in touch with LifeRay team and with the developers from our customer.

I'll update this question with our findings.

Regards,