cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate AppMon 6.5 custom plugins to OneAgent

ian_mcgilloway
Participant

Hi all,

I have number of custom Task, Monitor and Action plugins that I've written for AppMon 6.5. My company is moving to OneAgent and I'm looking at how I'll be able to migrate these plugins.

From reading through the documentation (https://dynatrace.github.io/plugin-sdk/readme.html) plugin development is now in Python rather than Java - I'm not too worried about this as porting across is an opportunity to brush up on my Python. However, I can't see the equivalent of Task, Monitor and Action. Are there any?

I don't have access to our OneAgent environment yet so can't download the SDK to try this out.

Thanks,

Ian

5 REPLIES 5

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Ian,

Can you clarify whether you're simply using the OneAgent as part of your exisitng AppMon, or are you moving entirely to the Dynatrace platform (Which of course only uses OneAgent).

Hi Joe,
With him talking about Python this sounds like a conversion from App Mon to Dynatrace.

Agreed, however I've seen several customers confused on this topic and before we dive deeper it seems prudent to verify we're all on the same page.

It's as Kyle says, a conversion from App Mon to Dynatrace.

Bartosz_Banache
Newcomer

Hi Ian,
Dynatrace plugins are an entirely different thing from the AppMon ones. The use cases they cover aren't exactly the same. Currently the plugins can contribute timeseries, events, alerts and entity properties.

If you want to play around with the SDK, you could simply create a free trial tenant and download the SDK through that.