I have upgraded the AppMon from 6.3 to 7.0 yesterday. I never entered password manually to connect to DB .So I was expecting DB will connect automatically
But unfortunately It connected automatically to some embedeed DB.
I have no password with me.
1. Can I roll back my upgrade
2.Is there any way to see DB password from support archive(back up taken before upgrade)
3. Can I ask DB team to reset the DB password
Thanks & regards
2. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to extract the db password from the configuration file as it is stored encrypted.
1. You can rollback the upgrade by simply restarting the old 6.3 services. If you haven't connected version 7 to your performance warehouse yet, the schema will not have been upgraded, therefore you will not need to restore your database from a backup - you should just be able to reconnect as you were before.
3. I think your best option in this instance would be to ask your DBA to reset the password for you, so that you can connect without rolling back to the previous version.
It is odd that your DB connection settings have been lost during the upgrade - these settings should have been migrated to the new instance! Did you use the dt migration tool to copy settings accross from your old 6.3 instance?
If so did other settings copy accross OK (previous dashboards, system profiles etc)?
If you did use the dtmigration.jar tool and it hasn't worked properly, I would recommend opening a ticket with Support who can help you investigate further.