cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Missing email and Name attributes for a given LDAP ID

keshav_dixit
Guide

Hi All,
We are able to authenticate users via LDAP and set-of-users via LDAP group in Dynatrace APM 6.5.3
However, we are not able to automatically pick the email address or name attributes from LDAP database for any of the LDAP ID. For example, If I want to generate and share a report via email, Dynatrace doesn't automatically collect/pick the user name/email based on the LDAP ID.(Refer to attached snapshot).

If I just choose the LDAP ID under email recipients, and generate report, I get below error.

"Sending mail failed: Failed to send email with attachment, IO exception happened - see log for more details"

Log:

2017-01-17 16:13:08 WARNING [EmailUtils] Could not find email address of user: 'ID64099'.
2017-01-17 16:13:08 WARNING [EmailConfig] Trying to use email recipient without email address: , cannot send email to this recipient.
2017-01-17 16:13:08 WARNING [EmailSender] Failed to send email with attachment: com.dynatrace.diagnostics.server.shared.email.EmailSender a:379
java.io.IOException: At least one receiver address required for sending email with subject 'Report for Dashboard 'Web Requests Dashboard''
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.server.shared.email.EmailSender.a(SourceFile:564)

Any reason what we may be missing? How do I make Dynatrace to automatically pick email address of LDAP ID from LDAP DB.

Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,

Keshav

missingattributes.png

4 REPLIES 4

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Keshav,

When LDAP integration is enabled, the first time a user logs in and is found in LDAP, the user id and email are written locally to Dynatrace AppMon. You can then see them under the Server/Settings/Users/Accounts tab.

Can you check if your users are being downloaded from LDAP into the Accounts list?

I believe the reports, and incidents simply access the Dynatrace user from the Accounts and get the email from there, rather than via LDAP.

HTH,

dave

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi Keshav,

As @Dave M. already said once you integrated with the LDAP the below attributes automatically called and once a user from the imported AD group logs on first time then the user info appears under the Server/Settings/Users/Accounts Tab.

• User Name / ID
  • Full User Name
  • Email
  • Groups
  • System Profiles <default> if not assigned a specific
  • Dashboards <default> if not assigned a specific

Regards,

Babar

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Keshav,

To add on to Babar's information above, the default settings you see highlighted are assumed defaults for Microsoft Active Directory, If you are using something else, or have changed the attributes on the LDAP side, you would need to change the Name and Email attribute to match, so the search picks it up properly.

Here's the docs for more information:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Thanks,

-Cody

keshav_dixit
Guide

Thank you Dave, Babar and Cody for quick and correct response!

I just needed to re log back in after adding LDAP ID, so that Dynatrace can pick these attributes from LDAP. I'm all set now! its automatically pulling Name, email etc. parameters.

Thank you,

Keshav Dixit