Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar

averetekdevelop
Newcomer

7 REPLIES 7

averetekdevelop
Newcomer

I'm getting this error when I try to launch the Java client on Mac OS X 10.9.4. I've installed the latest Java for OS X 2014-001.

The error is:

Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar

From what I can tell, the newer versions of Java require a Permissions attribute, which is missing from the jar file.

The error seems to be associated with org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar

Any ideas?

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Can you use the JRE that should be included with the client?

If not, these workarounds I found on Google for this error may help:

Temporary workaround (tested on Mac OS X Mavericks):
Open Java control panel, go to security tab, set security to Medium. Save.

http://support.imagenow.maine.edu/imagenow-support/known-issues/webnow-javaerrormissingrequiredpermi...

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Since I am not an Mac user, I just downloaded the DMG for the client and looked around in the archive.  It appears the JRE is probably not included for the Mac client.  I say "probably" because there is a "JRE" file in the archive and I am not sure if this could trigger an install into the client directory somehow.  This may be an issue that needs to be raised with support unless someone with more knowledge on the subject can help in the forum.  I believe it started with Java v7u51.

donald_benne
Participant

Java for OS X 2014-001 is actually the old JRE 6. The dynatrace client requires JRE 7 to run which you have to get from Oracle because Apple no longer supplies newer java versions for OS X. I'm running both the Dynatrace 5.6 and 6.0 clients on OS X 10.9.4 with Oracle JRE 7_60 successfully. 

Oracle JRE download page:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

I installed from the Oracle site. I no longer get the previous error. However, I get a Security Warning of "Block potentially unsafe components from being run? Application: dynaTrace Webstart Client janus with Param"

I select the Don't Block option. The box goes away and nothing else happens. And I did already set the security to Medium in the Java Control Panel.

Did you install the Client or are you using the Webstart from your browser.

I'd recommend using the installed client with Oracle JVM 1.7.
Try launching from a terminal and make sure the client is really using the Oracle JVM:

• navigate to the installation directory /Applications/dynaTrace Client 6.0.0.app/Contents/MacOS
  • check where the link jre points to via ls -l
  • if necessary link to your Oracle JVM
  • or you can launch the client directly by calling ./dtclient -vm /path/to/jdk/bin/java

Reinhard 

averetekdevelop
Newcomer

Well, instead of trying to save and launch the java app via the browser, I went ahead and downloaded the client installer. This is now working.

Thanks for the time and effort in providing your assistance. I'm now up and running.