cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Mobile ADK 6.5 & Server v7 - Compatibility & functionalities.

miguel_balsa
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi there!

If we have a mobile app instrumented with Mobile ADK 6.5, and we upgrade AppMon server to version 7, what functionalities are we going to lose?

And are there any new functionalities in v7 regarding Mobile ADK? Where can I check those?

Thanks!

Miguel

6 REPLIES 6

Thomas_Wirth1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro
If we have a mobile app instrumented with Mobile ADK 6.5, and we upgrade AppMon server to version 7, what functionalities are we going to lose? 

The AppMon server upgrade has no influence on the mobile app/agent.

And are there any new functionalities in v7 regarding Mobile ADK? Where can I check those?

You find them on the migration page (from the docu). Some major changes: OkHttp3 support, new preparation step for multidex applications, ...

Thanks for the answer!

Regarding the first question, I meant what Dynatrace v7 features will be lost if the agent is not upgraded 🙂

About the second question, I was expecting more like features, not changes in the migration process. Is there any docs for that?

harp
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

• no features will be lost if the mobile agent is not upgraded. The AppMon server supports old mobile agents back to the initial mobile agent releases as for mobile you cannot control when all your users update your mobile app.
• the v7 mobiel agent release mainly focused on instrumentation improvements and tech currency, so there are no new features besides OkHttp3 support for Android and support for Apps build against latest Android API level

Hi Patrick, that was what I was looking for! Could you write it as an answer, so people can see it's been answered? Thanks!

Hi Miguel,
I converted it to an answer, you can now accept it as answer

thomasK
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

See the general agent compatibility statement, which also applies to the Mobile ADK agent:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/installation/upgrade-and-migration-guide/prepare-to-upgrade/component-compatibility/