cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile ADK JavaScript Tag / Agent

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Guys,

How we can keep the same JavaScript tag / JavaScript Agent for the mobile ADK after every version update or migration to a new version and also the change in the feature-hash?

The reason is to reduce the overhead of administration to recompile/rebuild the mobile application after any major or minor changes.

Regards,

Babar

2 REPLIES 2

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Babar,

If you're talking about UEM in a browser, this is not a problem as it gets injected automatically at every page request, so it will always have the latest version after your upgrades.

If you're talking about the Native Mobile agent, you do not need to update it every time you upgrade the AppMon Server. However next time you release a new version of the native Mobile App, it's recommended to go ahead and upgrade the Native Mobile Agent in that App.

If I misunderstood your question, please clarify.

joe

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your reply and yes I was looking for the same information.

UEM for browser is clear for us because we are keep updating since 6.2.x to 6.2.8 without any manual intervention and we did not face any issues.

I read somewhere in the DynaTrace APM documents that it is recommended to upgrade your JavaScript Tag / Agent information in the native (hybrid) mobile application after update / migrate the APM server to capture the visits.

What I understand from your comments that we can keep continue with the old native application even after update / migrate the new APM server and it is recommended to upgrade the mobile app before new release.

It means I understood wrongly in the first step.

Regards,

Babar