cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor WIndows event id with faulting application name

wuhaowh
Guide

Our customer need to monitor event id 1000 in source "Application Error", I used windows event log monitor olugin and it works fine. But there are different faulting application names for the event id 1000,as you can see the 2 screen shots I attached,customer just want to monitor id 1000 for a certain application,is there any way to do this?

7 REPLIES 7

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi

If you look at the description of the Windows Event Log Monitor Plugin - -https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/... - then you can see that @Derek A. (author of the plugin) provides a Search Term feature where you can filter on things such as EventID=1000

Andi

Hello Andreas,

We already used the plugin to
monitor event id 1000 ,and it works,but our customer just want to get
alert for the event id 1000 with Faulting application name: w3wp.exe .
Do you have any idea how to fulfill this?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Thanks for the clarification. Well - in that case I would setup a second instance of that monitor plugin and JUST monitor the events with event id 1000 for w3wp - That query should also be possible to specify through the Search Term option. This will give you a single measure that tells you when such a windows event log entry appears. now you can use that measure for your incident

Hello,

From the document of the plugin,the search term obtained from the XML in windows event log,and using the filter we can only define event id ,timeframe,event source,event level .I don't know how to filter the Faulting application name ,would you pls kindly share an example to me. A full search term would be appreciate ,thx!

I reached out to the developer of the plugin. I was told that they already have an extension built that allows you to do what you want through a RegEx filter. I hope to get that plugin soon and make it available to you

Thank u very much,pls inform us once the new plugin is available.

Hello Andreas,

Is there any update from the developer of this plugin?