I want to monitor java process initiated by batch job. So i have injected agent inside batch from where java process initiated. Agent and application are starting successfully but i am not getting pure paths for same.
I went through most of cases and i did changes accordingly. Like as:
1. Add separate tier
2. Configured sensors methods
3. Using "Active and Start PurePath" for capturing.
I also did CPU sampling during transaction, here i able to see expected methods but not in pure path.
Please let me know if any other changes are required to get desired result.
Generally, for batch jobs I find it useful to
- unplace all default sensor packs (unless you need thread tagging or jdbc access etc)
- use the class browser to define entry points for work packages that are expected to take less than 10 minutes (max length for a single purepath)
- later refine the sensor rules based on auto sensor information.
Furthermore, note that a purepath will stay in the "processing" state while the job's being executed and you have to click a button in the client to see those.
If the purepath is longer than 10 minutes it'll time out and be in the grey "corrupt" state, which is generally not very useful.
Thanks for your response...!!
I did all the changes as you have suggested, but still i am not getting pure paths.
Please let me know, if there is any other changes need to do.
I'm not sure if we can solve this in a forum discussion. The minimal debugging information that we'd need would be
a) agent logs
b) exported CPU sampling
c) system profile
I think it'd be easier if you solved this via a support ticket (in that case, swap a) and c) with a full support archive). Best regards,