cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Monitor configuration for 'APMaaS Script Metrics'

rajanikanthanka
Inactive

Hi,

For plugin 'APMaaS Script Metrics' what configuration is needed to run Monitor?

What credentials should be given here(username and password)?

How to know which Host to be selected too?

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Thanks,
Rajani

apmaas-script-metrics.png

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

There is a built in Dynatrace Synthetic (APMaaS) integration in appmon now, you can read more about it here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/integ...

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hi Patrick,

I have gone through the link. What I can understand is I can chart synthetic tests to view availability, response times, and failure rate data.

But can I also chart it based on Script Names. How do I do that?

Thanks,

Rajani

Hi Rajani,

Can you please elaborate on what are you trying to accomplish? When you configure the APMaaS monitor, you are already specifying a script name, so when you chart availability, it is for that script/test.

On the same chart, you can add other availability metrics for other scripts. That should give you availability of all scripts/test in a single chart.

Does this help?

Hi Harshal,

Thanks for making me understand.

So just by enabling Synthetic Monitoring from Dynatrace client we cannot chart metrics without a Monitor running right?

If we are running a Monitor what should be a Host? Is it can be a Collector?

Thanks,
Rajani

Yes you get test names with the OOTB APMaaS integration. You can chart response time etc. based on the Test Name, you also have a Synthetic Test Tile in the Web UI which will show you the availibillity of the different Tests.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net