cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Monitoring Servers Half red Meaning

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hi All,

May I know what makes group of server displayed in main monitoring page turns half red.

Thresholds for response time and errors

or last week baseline thresholds

6 REPLIES 6

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello @Karthikayini M.

The Transaction Flow dashlet graphically represents the tiers and backends of a monitored application environment as it is modeled by Agent Groups and Agent mappings defined in a System Profile.

The Transaction Response Time view analyzes single transactions and their flow through the application environment. Use it to trace a single type of transaction and identify which components contribute to the execution of that transaction type. Use this information to identify bottlenecks and resources used.

Please review the below link for more insight.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appli...

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I am planning to display this monitoring page in a big screen visible to the entire application team.

The challenge I face is , though everything goes good in end user level, the half red in group of servers raises question that something is going wrong and we are not acting on it.

Is it the case everywhere.

Red highlighs can be ignored at times?

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayini,

I don't think so that we can hide/remove the transaction error. Believe me, there is defiantly something wrong, therefore, you have these errors so I will suggest you that instead of ignoring you should fix them, otherwise the whole purpose of having Dynatrace will be dead.

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.,

Thanks for the reply.

According to my understanding if any error id occurred,it turns red. Not because of the response time.

We get mostly 401, 404, 500 errors.

After many reminders, application team ignores saying application is doing good.

page loading css errors also.

I am not able to remove any errors without application team interference as I have no ownership over actual application servers.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayini,

In this situation you can open/edit the System Profile then select the Error Detection and now you can play with all the Rules.

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

Looks good idea. Will discuss the same with the team to remove if it is not useful anymore.Thanks a lot once again.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M