cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Session Storage data to Performance warehouse

sathwika_vatte
Inactive

Hi,

Is it possible to move Session Storage data to Performance Warehouse? Why this question is 'to store data for Long term'.

I know if we increase the Server memory session storage data can store for some days.

Thanks,

Sathwika

6 REPLIES 6

Sathwika,

The Performance Warehouse is for metric data only, and cannot be used for long term storage of "Session" data, which is mostly your transaction or PurePath data. You can store Sessions on disk however for longer term storage, you just need to make sure that under the Storage option in the server settings, "Enable continuous transaction storage" is checked:

Please find more information at this link:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Jacob

sathwika_vatte
Inactive

Hi Jacob,

Already checked 'Enable Transaction Per system Profile' but still the data is deleted after 7 day.

Thanks,

Sathwika

Yes, once the disk runs out of space it deletes the oldest data. If you want longer storage then you will need a larger diskspace.

Hi Sathwika,

That is the nature of the session storage. The intent is to provide visibility into the transactions for some reasonable period of time, with the older data "aging out" as you reach your storage limits.

There are two things you can do. First, you can increase the size of your session store to allow for longer access to PurePath data. It will still age out at some point, but you could have 14 days (for example) instead of just 7. Second - if there is some important data that you want to save, you can always export part of the session to a permanent file that won't be deleted. This is good for storing data from a performance test, or from a critical problem, and so on.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for reply,

To increase the session storage size I need to increase the server memory ??

Already I am using second option.

Regard,

Sathwika

Nope, session storage is disk space. It's a server setting as shown below in the screenshot. You'll need to restart the DT server after changing this setting.

Rob