cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sensor Pack for Slf4j is not working

heinz_grob1
Inactive

Hi

We are using Slf4j as logging framework in most of our applications. Unfortunally its not a part of Dynatrace Java Logging Sensor Pack.
I tried several ways to get Slf4j logging entries displayed in logging dashlet, but without success. The only way how it works was to create a method sensor in a system profile, but this does show the logging entries only inside a purepath, but not on the logging dashlet.

Steps that I did so far:

a) Added class org.slf4j.impl.Slf4jLogger with method <all methods>(*) to Java Logging Sensor Pack, Place = include, Capture = active
b) Created a new sensor pack with class org.slf4j.impl.Slf4jLogger with method <all methods>(*) to Java Logging Sensor Pack, Place = include, Capture = active
c) Created a Method Sensor Rule in a system profile with class org.slf4j.impl.Slf4jLogger with method <all methods>(*) to Java Logging Sensor Pack, Place = include, Capture = active

c) shows only entries in purepaths, a) and b) does not work, means I did not see any Slf4j entry in a purepath nor in the logging dashlet

Do you have any idea why Sensor Pack Updates/Create is not working in my environment?

As Info: We are using Dynatrace 6.5

Thanks & Regards
Heinz

2 REPLIES 2

harald_berger
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Heinz,

Please note that delivered sensor packs like logging sensor always need agent side specific code. So by simply adding additional rules will not make the agent smarter, and the instrumented methods will not appear in the logging dashlet. Feel free to post an RFE.

best

Harry

heinz_grob
Inactive

Hi Harry

Thanks for this info.

Regards

Heinz