cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET agent generating empty thread and CPU dumps

daniel_smith59
Newcomer

I have a group of .NET agents deployed and each of them is unable to generate a thread or CPU dump. It executes, but there is nothing in the dashlet. I have performance counters active, and visible to the agent, is there something else I need to enable to get that data?

7 REPLIES 7

david_n
Inactive

Hello Daniel,

Is there anything in the server logs around the timeframe when you created the thread dumps? You can access the server logs via the system information dashlet -> DT server instance -> Support Information -> logs. You probably want to search in the server logs and correlation logs to see if any errors were thrown around the thread dump and CPU sample entries in the logs.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

daniel_smith59
Newcomer

Hi David,

I see two entries in my .NET agent log file:

2017-04-19 12:27:38 [0000049c] info [native] .NET thread dump start
2017-04-19 12:27:38 [00001e9c] info [native] Thread dump channel connected successfully

When I look in the Threads dashboard, there are no threads. I looked through the server log, but didn't see anything there.

david_n
Inactive

Can you try generating a dump on one of the agents (one that has low traffic) to see whether it works when you run it manually?

Thanks,

David Nicholls

daniel_smith59
Newcomer

I tried it as a stand alone one time dump. It gave the same result. Is there a permission or perf counter that needs to be enabled?

david_n
Inactive

There might be a permission issue but typically when that is the case you will get an error message stating that your user account does not have the necessary permissions. The one to check is called perform resource dumps I believe, you can confirm that you have this permission. If you do and still can't create dumps, then I would suggest opening a support ticket to have them check it out.

Thanks,

David

daniel_smith59
Newcomer

Thanks, David. I opened a ticket after checking the permissions. I appreciate your help.

Hey Daniel,

Feel free to post the ticket number here so that we can see the resolution to your problem.

Thanks,

David