cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help splitting Web Request by its method name

thanes_bala
Participant

Hi,

I'm trying to split filtered WebRequest by it's HTTP method name {POST, GET, HEAD}

I have list of specific URI that needs to be split by {POST, GET}

I was able to filter by the defined URI but couldn't split by the method name.

any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks,

Thanes

9 REPLIES 9

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Thanes,

Did you try the 'Web Requests - Method' as splitting in the BT for the filtered Web Requests?

e.g. below screenshot is the result for the /orange.jsf URI filter where splittings are in the form of POST and GET.

Regards,

Babar

thanes_bala
Participant

Thanks Babar.

Using by Method worked well. Now I'm trying to add more Web Requests filtered by URI;

while using filters with Logic or/and, I cannot get the additional web requests that can be represented in the same report. Only the first one"UserSession" works the Image PDF, CustomerAccounts don't retrieve any data.

Can you please help?

here's my filter page screen shot:

Hello Thanes,

Make sure you assigned an upper sever value in all of the filtered web requests. Secondly add the application in the Splittings if you want the baseline in the future for this BT.

Regards,

Babar

thanes_bala
Participant

Hi Babar,

I do have the upper severe value set. Still the second filter entry with "or" logic doesn't get filtered for any data. But the same as separate BT works.

Any ideas why?

Here's the screenshot with upper severe value set:

Here's the screenshot where the filtered web request pulls data in separate BT;

Thanks,

Thanes

Hello Thanes,

Open the Business Transaction and extend the Filter column to check whether all the web requests are gathering there.

Regards,

Babar

thanes_bala
Participant

Hi,

Not all are getting gathered there, only the user session web requests: please see the screen shot sorted by the filter column;

Thanks,

Thanes

Hello Thanes,

Just drag the column on the right side or double click on the column line to extend because I can see avg... in the screenshot which means some data is there.

Regards,

Babar

thanes_bala
Participant

Hi,

you're right ,it does pick up but aggregate the data together, see below;

anyways to separate each entries such as;

User Session - POST

User Session - GET

Accounts - POST

Accounts - GET

Thanks,

Thanes

Hello Thanes,

I guess for this you will have to create three different business transactions.

Regards,

Babar