cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Agent configured successfully, but agent doesn't get connected in Connection state window

arun4lg
Newcomer

I am trying to configure dynatrace 7.0 to monitor/profile my .Net desktop application based on Client/Server architecture.

Dynatrace server and client installation were done successfully without any issues. .Net Agent configuration detected my desktop application (xxxxx.exe) successfully and displayed status as ".NET agent successfully loaded" in .NET Agent configuration window.

But in the Dynatrace Client - Application Environment Congiration window, under "Connection state" tab, i am not able to the see the Agent getting connected, rather a processing loop keeps running continuously with the message "Waiting for your agent to connect..(this could take up to a minute)"

Steps already tried:

1. Restarted the .Net desktop application to see if the Agent detects it properly.

2. Tried the .Net Agent configuration multiple times and no issues faced in Agent configuration

3. Restarted the local machine and tried the agent configuration.

I am not able to see any success. Any possible suggestions which i am missing or doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

Christoph_Neum
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

The "Agent successfully loaded" message actually just checks if "dtagentcore.dll" (or "oneagentcore.dll") are really loaded into the process.

In your case, I believe although the agent can inject, it cannot connect to the collector. I would recommend taking a look at the agent log file (find it in your install-dir/log). If there are warning/severe messages indicating connection failures, you've got a bingo. In that case, make sure the collector is reachable and the port is correct (and the firewall let's it through).

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

+1 for what Christoph said. I would add to verify that in the .NET Agent Configuration Utility that you've changed the Collector/Server field from "Localhost" to the IP/name of the collector.

But if this does not give you any progress, I would focus on the agent logs, and on firewalls as a cause of blocking the connection to the Collector host.