cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum for AppMon Plugins

Ingo_Hackl
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Please use this forum for questions regarding Community Plugins for AppMon.

Over the next days we will disable the possibility to comment on the plugin pages.

For questions and discussions about plugins this forum should be used in the future.

4 REPLIES 4

hpolava
Participant

Hi All,

We migrated dynatrace from Redhat Linux servers to SUSE Linux servers and upgraded dynatrace from 6.1 to 6.5. After the upgrade, the SOAP monitor plugin stopped working. When I opened a ticket with support they said they do not support anymore. If I need to use the SOAP monitor plugin, do I have to use 6.1 version jar or Is there any other plugin I can use to monitor the Web Services?

Thanks,

Harsha Polavarapu.

Harsha,

Please try the following version and let me know if it resolves the problem. Incidentally, although the version number is now 6.5.x, I don't think that had anything to do with your problem. You may have pulled a more recent version where I added the random substitution capabilities. There I introduced a bug that definitely would have been problematic. Anyway, this version should work for you ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2hd71cab3rr4xo/com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugin.SOAPMonitor_6.5.0.7904.jar?dl=0. @Ingo H., can you post this for me?

Thanks!
Chuck

Chuck,

Thank You for looking into this. After Installing 6.5 there wasn't any SOAP monitor plugin available for 6.5. When I reached out to Tech support they said they are supporting it anymore. I searched for 6.5 in the downloads and I didn't find one and installed 6.1 plugin. It was working with 6.5 version of AppMon. I have deleted the 6.1 SOAP plugin and installed the plugin you provided me. It is working. Thank You again for your help.

Thanks,

Harsha Polavarapu.

Charles_Miller
Participant

That's great Harsha! But just to be clear, the version here only represents the version that the plugin was built against. For the most part, our plugin interface doesn't change ... so similar to our agents, the plugins typically have forward and backward compatibility and run upstream with no problems. In this case, I'm pretty sure it was a bug introduced inadvertently (by me :)) in the last cycle, rather than related to your upgrade to 6.5. We are always watching the forum though just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks!

Chuck