cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

No useraction with dropdown menu choice (UEM)

sjoerd1
Advisor

Hi,

In the application I'm working on, there's a pulldown menu, which is built with a <ul> list. In the list there is a

<li id='utilityreports.systeminformation'> <a target='_parent' href='https://answers.dynatrace.com/xyz/hello.jsp' onClick='parent.jumpLocation( this.href ); return false;' hideFocus='true'>System Information</a> </li>

In a javascript file, the definition of the jumplocation is:

/** This sets the location to the specified URL
*/
function jumpLocation( aHref )
{
document.location = aHref;
}

When the user clicks the url, there is NO useraction created, but you see (in the correct visit) the url pop-up as an anonymous web request (purepaths correctly generated).

The page is using jquery, and this is also enabled in the UEM settings.

Anyone?

3 REPLIES 3

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sjoerd,

Have you tried the "Basic XHR Detection" ? We also have some settings for "onclick" detection, you can try them when enabling debug mode: in uem: Web Applications -> Advanced Configuration -> Configure Advanced Events.... Note that there's a reason for these settings to be hidden like that, try them out in a test set-up first. Cheers,

Peter

sjoerd_bakker
Inactive

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the answer!

I tried both the "Additional event handlers to wrap" and the "wrappers for addEventListener and attachEvent" click, but neither of them (single or combined) seem to give me a good result. Still no useraction created.

Sjoerd

sjoerd1
Advisor

Hi @Peter K.,

Can you think of anything else? or should I create a jira for it in the support portal?

Cheers, Sjoerd