cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Not able to instrument Rocket Java application

ravi_kumar11
Mentor

I have verified the port connection from the agent server to the collector server 9998 which is working fine without any issues, while passing the agent arguments in the start up script it's showing up in the Java process details, but don't see any log file created or agent showing up in the overview.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Honestly, I've never seen Rocket Java (Could you tell me more about this compilation of JAVA?) Maybe this java needs another method of instrumentation of the AppMon agent?

Please check also appmon user privileges to do r/w on the <dynatrace_home> location.

PS:

I don't see this version of Java on the supported list.

Radek

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Ravi, It's possible that RocketJava does not implement all the command line parameter that are supported by Oracle or IBMs JVM. The critical command line parameter is "-agentpath". Perhaps you can check on whether Rocket Java supports this parameter?

I was now looking for information about this Java compilation, but I don't find any interesting information . @Ravi Kumar D.Maybe you have documentation?

ravi_kumar11
Mentor

Hi,

I was passing the DT_OPTS as within double quotes " " in the existing arguments of the JSX lib path, so after taking it out it started reporting to the Dynatrace Appmon server.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar