cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to rename the measure, Rename button got disabled

sponnada2
Organizer

We have created the Measure and its had the data till 16/12/17.Today we have changed URI to different purepath and also populating the data as per the modified URI. Now we are trying to change the Measure name as per the URI. But Rename button is disabled.

Can i know the reason for disabling that button?

I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

Thanks

Shyamala

8 REPLIES 8

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Is it possible that you went into this measure editor screen from another editor such as from a BT screen? Try going into the measure editor screen from the Profile Preferences screen.

HI Joseph,

I have tried to modify the measure name from Profile Preference screen still the issue remains same

Joseph,

What you are referencing there we would not have rename button at all. Like if someone trying to modify the measure name by opening it through Business Transaction. Then there would not be any rename button there.

This button appears in disabled mode even trying to update it directly from Measures.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Other ideas I would try:

- Does this happen to other AppMon Users?

- Do these users have Admin rights?

- Restart the AppMon Server and try again.

If none of these steps gives you any help,I would open a support case.

sponnada2
Organizer

HI Joseph,

-We are not sure about other Appmon users but we have noticed this issue only for few measures not for all

-Though user have Admin rights, not able to modify the name

-As it is PROD server,we are not suppose to restart the server in business hours

could you please tell me what might be the reason causing this issue?

thanks

Shyamala

Shyamala, I'm not sure what's causing this issue. Inspecting the log files (client and Server.0.0.log) might show something useful.

lukas_boesch
Participant

I don't know if this is solved now, but I probably found the solution. You have to remove the measures from all business transactions in order to rename them.

Just search for the measure in the Business Transactions view in the System Profile, then you can remove them, rename the measure and add them back to the business transaction.

Just ran into this, that worked, I'll add an issue to clarify why this is to the UI -> JLT-214927