cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Not able to see purepaths

Hello,

I am not able to see purepaths.If performance warehouse is not connected,we cannot see purepaths.If so when connecting to the performance warehouse I am getting the error.

FATAL: could not write init file

8 REPLIES 8

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ramesh,

This is quite odd. PurePaths are not stored in the Performance Warehouse and should be available whatever the connection status to the DB is.

I recommend you to open a support ticket, with a support archive.

Nicolas

I also agree with Nicolas. Not seeing PurePaths is not related to the connectivity of your Performance Warehouse. If you do not see PurePaths I would check

a) is your dynatrace agent correctly connected

b) do you have any load on your application so that dynatrace can pick up PurePaths

c) if it is a non-web application make sure that you have Entry Points defined so that dynatrace can capture PurePaths

d) make sure you have a valid license

Andi

shanmugan_k
Inactive

Hi Ramesh,

In one of my engagements, I had seen that the "Capture Events" was unchecked and once we checked that, we were able to capture the Purepath again. Sounds a silly mistake, but still you can have a look on that 🙂

System Profile-> Agent Group -> Agent Mapping

Regards,

Shan

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ramesh

on a similar note, it is worth checking the uem screen via the profile to make sure that purepaths are captured. There is a slider (on each application tab). Make sure it isn't on the left hand side but in the middle or right.

Regards

Flo

Thansk florent.It works now,It was set to extreme left before ,now we changed it to middle and run the transactions it was showing all the pure paths.why it will not show if it set to extreme left?

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

One that I have seen is that the disk where sessions are to be stored is (almost full). Dynatrace will never fill up a disk completely so if there is not enough space available no PP will be written.

You can try to show the "in flight" PurePaths on the PurePath dashlet (the icon in the top right with the "gears").

If PurePaths show up there but get deleted afterwards you might be suffering from above problem.

Changing the session store location or freeing up disk space should solve it.

KR,
Kristof

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

As you can see there can be many explanation for this issue. However, if you still have an issue with your database, don't hesitate to let us know.

Nicolas

Thanks all.It was capturing all the purepaths.