cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Not seeing historical data in chart such as JVM

rmg
Organizer

Hi,

I am trying to see the historical data of SUD such as JVM, CPU, PurePath time, Web Request Count, etc.  I use the dashboard under Charting and try to see the data from the last 7 days.  All I could see this the last 1 hours of the data. 

Performance Warehouse should have all those data, correct?  How do I access those data?

NOTE: I am still running 4.1.  We just finished the DB migration and will continue to application upgrade after this DB migration test is done.

Thanks,

-Ronald

5 REPLIES 5

r_weber
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

4.1 !!!!

I guess your perfromance warehouse is not connected if you are seeing only one hour of data, because that's what is kept in memory.

Please check your database and if dynatrace is really connected to the PWH and not reporting any errors (logs).
Also which database are you using? I hope not the embedded one! 

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

yes, 4.1!!!! : (

Hopefully I can upgrade it soon.  DB is the issue here. 

No issue connecting to PWH.  Log file indicates the connection was successful.  I am currently testing new DB and old one.  New one is Oracle. Old one is Postgres. 

Manually log in those DB and could see the data in the tables.

Thanks for the help!

rmg
Organizer

I can't see my System Profiles in dynaTrace Server Settings->Performance Warehouse->System Profiles Management.  This might be the indication that something is wrong in the Performance Warehouse?

How can I find out the log file that request System Profile from Performance Warehouse?

Thanks,

-Ronald

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

If you only see the last hour of data it means the dynatrace server is not getting any data from the performance warehouse but just takes it from the in-memory buffer which holds the last hour of measures. there is clearly someting wrong with your performance warehouse. I suggest you open a support ticket and work with our colleagues. but please keep us posted with the outcome as it is interesting for others to learn about how you fixed your issue

rmg
Organizer

Understood.  Thanks, Andreas!