cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

OneAgent SDK download?

rehan_asad
Participant

Hello,

I am following the documentation https://help.dynatrace.com/monitoring-plugins/cust... to setup a development environment so I can create a Python custom plugin and very first screenshot that tells you how to download SDK is different than I see. I see the following and don't see a link for "Download SDK". I am using Dynatrace 6.5? Anyone else experiencing a same issue?

no-download-sdk-link.jpg

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Mike_L
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi, this forum as well as the help document you've linked to is dedicated to Dynatrace SaaS/Managed. If you are on version 6.5 you are using Dynatrace Application Monitoring (AppMon). Please see the following link for information regarding the creation of plugins for AppMon:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

The screenshot confuses me though as that one relates to SaaS/Managed. If that is from your installation then you are indeed using Dynatrace SaaS/Managed and not Dynatrace 6.5. The custom plugins are currently in beta, if they are not enabled on your environment you can contact support.

Kind regards,
Mike

EDIT: As discussed in the other part, if you are on managed make sure that you are on a version where plugins are available.

rehan_asad
Participant

Thanks Michael for a quick response. And I apologize that I confused Dynatrace 6.5 with Dynatrace SaaS/Managed. I know for sure that we are using Dynatrace SaaS/Managed. Let me see if our Dynatrace SaaS/Managed Administrator can somehow enable the OneAgent SDK "Download link" for me or are you saying that we need to contact Dynatrace support to get that feature enabled?

I'm sorry for the late response, I missed the comment.

Are you using SaaS or Managed? If you're on SaaS, please contact support as it should be visible. If you're on Managed, what version are you on?

rehan_asad
Participant

Hi Michael,

Turned out we were a version behind in our Managed SaaS environment. Once Administrator upgraded to current version I was able to download the SDK and moved on. Thanks for your help!