cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) vs Transaction Flow

Valerio_Fiori
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi all,

A customer of mine is using Oracle RAC in his environment, and he would like to know if it's possible to:

- See the two nodes as separate boxes in the Transaction Flow (currently they are aggregated as a single one, since the DB is technically one (as confirmed by the connection details coming from the application flow) with two instances/hosts handled by the RDBMS)

- Have the box section below (Host) colored by the aggregated infrastructure data that comes from the two instances, that run on two separate machines. Currently only the "Process" section is colored, but the metrics (e.g. CPU/DISK usage) are calculated separately and could be charted in a different dashboard, so the principle should be the same.

Have you found a way to achieve these objectives?

Thanks in advance,

Valerio

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Valerio

Right now we display these "database boxes" based on the Connection String that we capture in your application. So - if the application is using one connection string you will see one box - not a box for each indivdiual database instance. I think I remember seeing your request already discussed on the forum as an RFE/Product Idea. Have you looked?

I definitely pass this on to the product team as I think it is a good extension to how we visualize the database instances you monitor with the DB Agent

Andi