cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

PROBLEM WITH COLLECTORS MEMORY

roberto_ravo
Guide

Hi, we have a problem with the collector's memory. The collectors are four and the memory used is always, more o less, around the 75/80%. So, we think that is possible that there are same class on the collectors. The question is: where we can find this classes and delete it?
I search on the amd and I find the files on this path: /usr/local/dynatrace/collector/cache/classes ; but when I open the files on this directory are cripted. I make some mistake?
Regards
Roberto

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Roberto

The problem might not necessarily be a large class cache. it could also simply be that you have undersized your collectors and you have too much traffic coming in which is causing a constant full buffer. The Collector is supposed to buffer - which is why it is actually not a bad thing that some of the memory is used.

Before I would look into the class cache i would first look into proper sizing of the Collector based on your environment. We have a Deployment and Sizing Guide that you should check out: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Andi