cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path Truncated Use Case

BabarQayyum
Leader

Dear All,

I found number of truncated purepaths with the reason 'Not the whole PurePath has been captured as the node limit is exceeded'.

In the details screenshot we can see that the size of path was 10 and for some purepaths 15.

There are number of explanations in the document about the truncation, therefore, I would like to know that which category falls in the said situation.

• Truncated Complete: The PurePath was truncated because the number of nodes exceeded the maximum allowed nodes. Either reduce the instrumentation to get shorter PurePaths or increase the number of maximum allowed nodes.
  • Truncated Processing: The PurePath is still expecting events, but has already exceeded the maximum allowed nodes. Data received with incoming events is used to update existing nodes, but no new nodes are created.
  • Truncated Waiting: The PurePath is waiting for new events from asynchronous calls, but has already exceeded the maximum allowed nodes. Data received with incoming events is used to update existing nodes, but no new nodes are created.
  • Truncated Timeout: The PurePath timed out while waiting for expected events and has exceeded the maximum allowed nodes. Data received with incoming events is used to update existing nodes, but no new nodes are created.
  • Truncated Incomplete: A truncated PurePath was stored in a stored session while the PurePath was in the Processing or Waiting state. It cannot be guaranteed that the dumped PurePath is completed. Incomplete PurePaths can only occur in stored sessions.

Regards,

Babar

1 REPLY 1

keshav_dixit
Guide

Hi Babr,

Wondering if you got an answer to your question above? I see same issue with one of our app(see snapshot). We are using AppMon 7.1.

Thanks,

Keshav