cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Percent Used Memory is Too High - Memory load, bottleneck situation, current value:

siva_puli_exter
Inactive

Could you please help on the below issue?
We have received incident "Percent Used Memory is Too High - Memory load, bottleneck situation, current value: 94 exceeds configured threshold"
As per my understanding, it is the heap size. But we have the current configuration as given below

Server Memory :32GB and JVM size : 8GB

I hope we have enough memory. But still we are receiving the above incident /
please help us how to find out the root cause and what would be the usual solution for this issue.

This is being high priority issue. So, please provide the steps and what and all we need to check and the solution.

Thanks in advance

Thanks&Regards

Siva

2 REPLIES 2

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Siva,

Really, it's impossible for us to say whether 8 GB is enough memory or not for your process. The incident you reference seems custom defined, so I would start by looking at the incident definition to understand what metric it's triggering against (you can do this by going into System Profile -> Incidents, then editing the incident which sent the alert).

Next, you want to verify why this incident is firing. Create a simple chart with the two memory metrics (System Monitoring -> Host Performance -> Memory Used and Server Side Performance -> Process Performance -> Current Overall Memory Consumption) filtered for the server which triggered the initial incident. You can then add the incident timeline to this chart by going into dashlet properties -> Heat Field, enable the heat field, but only for the incident rule about the memory issue. Your chart will then display a bar on the top with the red part indicating the time the incident was open for. Should look something like this:

So now you should know which measure triggered the incident, what was the metric trend when it triggered, and if it triggered correctly or not.

Best regards,

Radu

Thank you so much Radu