cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Warehouse: Getting Warning in logs - unable to extend index

Hello there,

We are using Oracle 12C database with Dynatrace 6.1.0.8105.

Discovered following warning lines repeated many times:

2015-09-22 16:25:04 WARNING [com.dynatrace.diagnostics.server.datacenter.d] timeout waiting for valid cache, responding to request with possibly incomplete baseline charting data, cause could be that there are to many measures in baseline buffer
2015-09-22 16:30:49 WARNING [DefaultMeasurementHandler] Space quota exceeded see attached message for details ORA-01654: unable to extend index DYNATRACE.PK_MEASUREMENT_HIGH by 8192 in tablespace USERS : com.dynatrace.diagnostics.repository.handlers.DefaultMeasurementHandler$7 execute:1074java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index DYNATRACE.PK_MEASUREMENT_HIGH by 8192 in tablespace USERS   at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)   at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)

Please suggest solution.

5 REPLIES 5

This is in Server Log. We are using Oracle 12 as Performance Warehouse.

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I beleive that that you have reached the limit on your table space or the disk where the table space is placed is full. The schema that the DBA has given you (determined by the user) is using the Default table space "USER". The DBA should create a table space for us and assigned to schema, where the dtuser is owner. I hope it helps

Thanks, I have forwarded the message to database admin. Meanwhile can you estimate by what size table index should be increased so that we don't face this issue again?

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

It depends on your context of your application. Anyway, but in this case I really believe that is not only the index that has problems, that it is all the space. (we don't make this divition of having index and data in separate schemas). In this case seems that the default schema of the DB users is the users schema and you have left it without Space. Maybe the DBA has created other schema for you but it is not the default. If it is the case try to put on the Data base name something like this:

MYDatabase:currentShcema=Myschema

I hope it helps

Thanks you, good day!