cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Warehouse Sync Up

saanjeith_varat
Inactive

Hey,

Currently we are doing a project to migrate from 5.6 –> 6.1 at my client site. We are not taking advantage of the bootstrapping mechanism and are going Application by Application with a net new agent install. This process will take a couple of months.

The issue which I believe we will be having will be with the PW. We will have a 5.6 and a 6.1 environment up and running for the transition. When migrating the 5.6 PW --> 6.1 PW all the first applications which will be on boarded will have ALL the data within the 6.1 environment. The later Applications will have a gap in data and will have to revert back to the 5.6 environment to get the historical data from when the 6.1 environment was stood up --> when that application actually went into the 6.1 environment. 

So to my question. Would it be possible to go into the 6.1 PW environment and run SQL commands to sync up the missing data so that the customer doesn't have to keep going back to the 5.6 environment to see the missing gap. Has anyone had any experience doing this and is this the best possible solution for this scenario?

Cheers,

Sanj  

1 REPLY 1

ahmed_el_jafouf
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sanj. I was wondering, did you consider this approach:

1/ Upgrade the Dynatrace Server from 5.6 to 6.1 (using the migration tool).

2/ Get the Collectors upgraded to 6.1, either automatically by the Dynatrace Server during the migration or manually.

3/ Continue using the 5.6 Agents as they are compatible with the 6.1 Collectors.

4/ Upgrade the Agents manually from 5.6 to 6.1 as you wish.

This way you will not have to worry about consolidating two Performance Warehouses.