cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Permission dependencies for monitoring dashboard

elvis_castelino
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hello,
I have some users who are unable to access the monitoring dashboard and get the following error message - "User xxxx does not have the following permissions: Analyze System". However, looking at the group and role the user belongs to - they do have the "Analyze System" permission. Is there a dependency on another permission that has to be included in order for the user to access the monitoring dashboard ?
Thanks,
Elvis

4 REPLIES 4

david_n
Inactive

Hello Elvis,

Do the users also have the "Create Dashboard" permission? I think I ran into something similar to this once and I had to remove the user from Dynatrace and re-add them so that when they tried to access the client it would be forced to check their permissions once more. Could you test that with one of the users and see if it works?

Thanks,

David Nicholls

elvis_castelino
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hey @David N.,
I just checked and they do have "Create Dashboard" permissions. I was thinking about removing and adding the user, but the problem is the issue is faced my multiple users. So it definitely has to do with the permissions I'd assume.

It could be that they need "Change Active System Configuration" or "Change System Profile settings" but that would seem a little extreme just to view a certain dashboard.

Let's run through a few of the things that are obvious, but easy to miss. 🙂 Are their user accounts attached to the system profile that the dashboard is tied to? Do they have the "Create Dashboard" permission applied?

Thanks,

David Nicholls

My guess would be to also check the permissions of:

• View System Information Dashlet
  • Analyze Transaction Flow

Try to apply them only one at a time and test it to make sure which one (or both) worked.

PS.: Here is a permission list at the docs.