cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating the Error Rule information in error dashlet

rk_sakthiraam
Inactive

Hi All,

By default in the Error Dashlet we have two sections. The Top section list the aggregated values based on error rule. We get the information of the errors in the bottom section only when we click any of the error rule.

For Ex : HTTP 4xx Response (Internal) has Error Count as 100. Only when click the specific rule we see the Transactions, User Actions and its details.

Do we have a way to populate the Error details (Bottom section) of the dashlet automatically instead of selecting it manually.

We are requesting this as we need this information in the report that we have scheduled at frequent intervals. If it's manual we can click the specific rule via DT Client and we can export it.

Regards

Sakthi

7 REPLIES 7

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Sakthi,

The error details are populated based on what you click on the Top section so I am not sure how you would be automatically able to populate it (since what is being populated depends completely on what is being clicked).

What kind of info are you using for the reports? Is there just a particular type of errors you want to report on or the details for all errors?

Thanks,

Ari

Hi Ari,

I agree with your statement which is what I specified in my post. We have created a custom error rule to list all the HTTP 4xx and 5xx errors if a referrer has a specific domain to it. We want to automate a report to be sent out from dynatrace with the error dashlet for that rule and mainly the error details Error details (Bottom section) of the dashlet which has the information we need.

Do we have a way to get the error details (Bottom section) of the dashlet for any specific error rule automatically ?

Please do share if you have any idea on this or any workaround to it.

Thanks again for your response

Sakthi

Unfortunately I think the answer is no. There is no option to auto-select the top list so that the bottom shows certain errors

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Sakthi,

What I understood from your requirements and tried to make the same report which you are seeking but could not successful because in the report I can see all the errors but the error details only for the select one and I guess you are also looking for the error details on the report for all the errors.

There should be a workaround or might be the requirement will go to RFE.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Looking for an workaround. Will wait for others to respond.

Thanks.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

We checked with support after an update changed the behavior of this for us and found that in the latest releases of 6.3 and 6.5 the following debug flag on the server should populate the details of the error report when it is scheduled:

com.dynatrace.reporting.enableAutoErrorDetailsReporting=true

Perhaps this will help?

James

Thanks James, We will include this flag in our 6.5 setup.