cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Possible to Instrument OpenScan Billing Software?

eric_eiswerth
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

I have been tasked with monitoring the OpenScan implementation at my client's site. It uses an automated system of "robotics" to process envelopes of check images and remittance documents to complete a billing procedure. These envelopes wait in Queues to be processed.

Has anyone instrumented this app with .NET or Java agents? What are some of the monitoring plugins that you used to manage its performance.

Thanks,

Eric

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

What technology does OpenScan use? Is it Java or .NET Based? If it uses either technology you should try to inject an Agent. Chances are very high that you will either see these requests out-of-the-box as I assume it uses some standard interfaces (HTTP, WEb SErvices, ...) to process these requests. If it is non-standard you can define custom entry points to capture PurePAths.

Once you have an agent in the app you also automatically get process and host monitoring (CPU, Memory, ...)

Andi

Hey Andi,

Thanks for the reply. The client has already put in a code freeze for the holidays, (preventing agent instrumentation), and I am trying to monitor OpenScan any other way through monitors, and plugins in the meantime. But, you are right, I think it is .NET based, and I will indeed instrument it in January. I will report back to this thread with any plugins that help monitor performance in the meantime.

Thanks,

Eric

eric_eiswerth
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Andy,

I was unable to instrument this application with .NET agents because it is written in Visual Basic, (no licensing for ADK agents). However, the app uses a SQL server to store "envelope" queuing details, which is normally accessed using the DB Admin app. I am working on querying this information with the DB Query Monitor Plugin.

Thanks,

Eric

thanks for the update. keep us posted

one more think on the ADK. you could try the dynatrace personal license which includes an ADK license. this would at least give you the chance to test it: http://bit.ly/dtpersonal

Andi