I am working through a problem with application definition.
Typically, I allow automatic detection of applications by appid and by url. Then I bucket those into applications I define. For one application this has been a problem.
When I allow automatic application detection, I see an app defined like:
Now if I go and do a manual application definition like:
and then go and delete the auto detected application, no matter what, I never see purepaths dropped into the manually defined application. The auto detected application always comes back. If I instead delete the autodetected app and completely turn off automatic application definition, the purepaths end up getting dumped in "Default Application"
Any ideas here?
All of these have the same result as what I mention above. I will create the application definition, delete the auto detect by URI application, definition, and watch the results. Inevitably, the auto detected application definition comes back, or if I turn off auto detect, these requests get grouped in Default Application.
We have more or less the same problem for a .NET application.
The purepaths goes into the Default application a none of the combination works "contains appa.qa, etc." to define the application, this also trying to define the application with the specific URI found on the purepath in the default application.
What should we do?
We'd need the whole session to be sure.
Can you send it per mail? You are a customer, so we are under NDA... my mail is email@example.com
I also checked with the responsible dev and it seems we are aware of an issue that could be responsible for this. You should open a support ticket for this and let me know the ticket number, I will make sure it gets connected internally.
Ours is a .Net application as well. I have tried all the versions of contains, inlcuding containing a distinct part of the uri path but not the host or protocol identifiers.
I will submit a support ticket and email you the ticket number. I can also send you a sample session if that will help triage the issue.
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but was this fixed on a fixpack/release later than 18.104.22.16826?
I'm having the same issue with a new customer but we are going to migrate from 22.214.171.12426 to 126.96.36.19902 and I'm wondering if that will fix it.
Basically some App Definition rules are being ignored and set to the "automatic detection by host"
I am still having this this very same issue today. The customer is on v188.8.131.5262. I have tried all the iterations as stated above. I have even gone to the extent of removing all application definitions so that everything is in "Default". Then I was adding them back one-by-one. It started to work after doing this until I added an application that had a word that was contained in another definition. Then the application was mapped there, and then all other definitions started going there no matter what the matching pattern was.
Any other suggestions? I will suggest adding fixpack 5802, but they might be reluctant since 5662 was created spacifically for them.
I was experiencing the same issue within 5.6. It seems like the automatically detected applications take precedence over the user defined ones. Therefore, I tried turning off the automatically detected applications and BINGO! I started getting the correct transactions in my user defined apps. Try disabling the auto detected apps and see if that works for you.
As a result I get every other purepath transaction attached to Default Application and the rest even though same agent and URI request attached to what I wanted it to be. Means we get dynaTraceMonitor errors 404 from the apache server randomly as UEM works and does not work. I tried just refreshing the dynaTraceMonitor for 15 minutes and I'll get random 404's from the apache server.