cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems configuring DT Agent on Mule ESB - Mulesoft

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I've already looked into a few postings about Mule ESB instrumentation (How to configure dynatrace agent in Mule ESB) , but I'm still having issues getting my agent running and connecting. I've installed the 64 bit Java Agent (and confirmed Java is 64 on this windows server), and in the wrapper.conf, utilized this as the argument:

wrapper.java.additional.8=-agentpath:"D:\NetApps\dynaTrace\dynaTraceAgent6.0.0\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll =name=MULEESBAPPINTG, server=10.251.88.223:9998"

We've checked that we can telnet from the agent to the collector on 9998 and still no connection to Dynatrace after restarting the Mule service. (I've double checked my agent mapping.

There is nothing in the agent logs, but I do get this in the collector logs:

2014-11-25 16:08:32 WARNING [AgentListener] Connection of Agent '(no agent)' refused: Ignoring connection that did not start with a dynaTrace agent handshake request (from /10.251.59.177:52031)
2014-11-25 16:19:49 SEVERE [AgentListener] Error setting up an agent connection from '(unknown)' at '10.251.59.177:52035': : com.dynatrace.diagnostics.collector.agentcenter.AgentListener$ConnectionHandler run:508
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.collector.agentcenter.AgentListener$ConnectionHandler.run(SourceFile:359)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

These timings to not match up with our agent restarts and might be due to something other than our agent. (Agent - Collector Handshake. "Collector declined service"

Has anyone else run into these problems with Mule ESB? I believe I'm having problems with getting my java agent up and running. What's a good way to diagnose this and ensure it is running?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

I suspect that the syntax is wrong. There are two space characters in the value of "wrapper.java.additional.8" (after dtagent.dll and before server=).

Regards,

Markus

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

We were able to resolve this issue. We still used the same configuration above (without spaces).  The only difference was that we started the instance using the mule script instead of the windows service. This allowed the agent to start up and connect.