cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Availability violation

tarun_agastya1
Inactive

Hi,

I have installed host agent and monitoring some of the deamon process and setup process availabillity violation alert,I am seeing the alert is triggering in incidents dashboard but I didn't received the alert.

Can someone help me,If I am missing something.

process-availability-violation.png

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

You'll need to configure this alert in the infrastructure -> alerts settings. Have you done this?

James

Hi James,

I have a followup question on setting up the process availability alert.what are the MIN and MAX thresholds in the host availability and how these are related to the process availability violation alert.

We are 2 hosts, will this alert work if i meniton min and max as 0.

pav.png

Thanks,

Since you are modifying the availability settings for the hostgroup the min and max applies to the number of hosts which are currently connected that fall into that hostgroup. So these are separate from the process availability which are simply based on whether or not the host agent can see a process with the specified pattern. This is simply a case of whether or not the process is there, there are no thresholds which will affect this.

If you were to edit a single host's availability settings you would not see that top section regarding host availability as it does not apply to a single host.

James