cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure paths are not captured

mayana_s_khan
Inactive

Hi,

Testing team runs the test, agents and collectors are connected to the servers also we have transaction flow in the server, But Dynatrace is not capturing the purepaths. PFB screenshots for your reference

Regards,

Mayana Khan

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Mayana,

As per the attached screenshot the connected systems (collectors | agents | clients) were 0 from 15:40 to 15:50 secondly PurePaths status Y-Axis is too high from 15:05 to 16:00 (0-20000), therefore, in between PurePaths you can not see.

Regards,

Babar

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Notice that the scale on the PurePath status chart is nearly 80,000 due to the large bar in the timeframe, whereas the other charts for PurePaths are in the hundreds. I bet if you select a timeframe without the high values or manually lower the axis you'll be able to see values in that chart. The value is just too low to see it given the scale.

Also note that the transaction flow is based off of PurePaths in the session so if you have a transaction flow you must have PurePaths at least at some point within the timeframe you're looking at.

James

mayana_s_khan
Inactive

@James K. @Babar Q.

I have selected the 5min, 15min interval as well then also we can see any purepaths during that time. But we have request in web servers.

Also we have intermittent application service down issue.

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/200755/vie...

Regards,

Mayana Khan

Hello Mayana,

Did you correlate the timing of missing PurePaths while Dynatrace Server was not available?

What is the size of session storage?

Do you have a local storage for the sessions data or the NAS/SAN?

Did you review the Dynatrace server logs?

Did you review the events of the OS for the same?

Would you mind to share the Dynatrace server logs with us.

Regards,

Babar

hi @Babar Q.

1. During the test several time server goes down and up automatically.

2. Total reserve quota is 160 Gb, 142 GB Available disk space
3. We have SAN Stroage

4. We dont have any OS error at the same time

dyn-logs.txt

Regards,

Mayana Khan

Hello Mayana,

What is the sizing of Dynatrace Server?

What is the throughput of each test and for how long?

Regards,

Babar

TorstenHellwig
Organizer

Hi Mayana,

looks like your other question is connected to this issue - see my answer there. The logyou attached looks exactly like mine. I smell a bug here 🙂

cheers,

Torsten