cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

PurePath Interecption in WebDashboard

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi ,

Attached the Purepath which seen in Dynatrace Web Client.Here I can see hexagon shape diagram, which shows 6 splittings such as Response Time,Threading, WebService, Database,Complexity,Async..

What is this Hexagon shaped Graph is called?How will interrupt this graph.

Also i can see in web service = N+1 its shows...What is this this mean?

purepath-details.jpg

Kindly anyone help me to understand this.

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Soorya,

Check the following blog which is explained by @Andreas G. about 'Automatic Problem Detection with Dynatrace'.

https://www.dynatrace.com/blog/automatic-problem-d...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

This blog is very helpful!!.Thanks!!

In the link, i seen the below one

Complexity

Buckets: Complex (> 10 Agents or > 1000 Nodes); Medium (< 10 Agents or < 1000 Nodes); Normal (< 3 Agents or < 100 Nodes)

If possible anyone help me to understand difference between agent and nodes mentioned here

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

Hello Soorya,

Below is the exact description of nodes. Agents are self explanatory.

kMPS (nodes per second): A visualization of the current MPS (measures per second) trend. It shows how the load develops over time, which allows you to see a general growth trend early. In such a case, you should do the following tasks:

• Consider configuration changes to decrease growth
  • Upsize your Server installation and increase the threshold afterwards

Regards,

Babar

Hi Soorya,

regarding agents: This is simply the count of AppMon agents a PurePath (Transaction) travels across.

regarding node count: This is a bit more complex: If e.g. a PurePath contains 5 Method calls, the node size is 5. If one of the methods causes1 exception and performs 3 SQL queries, the node count will increase to 5+3+1 = 9.

This can e.g. indicate a lot of exceptions on a failed transaction or e.g. if a method spamms the database with lots of statements.

Hi Soorya,

please also consider that there are tooltips which show explanatory information.