cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

PurePaths based on method response time returning all purepaths with response time greater than set for method response time

ajayhooda
Newcomer

I created a Business transactions to see only those PurePaths in which a method takes more than 200ms, for which I created a measure for the method & set the upper severe limit to 200. But when I run this BT I get all the PurePaths which took more than 200ms instead of only those in which this method took more than 200ms. I am attaching the screenshots. Thanks

bt.png

5 REPLIES 5

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hey Ajay,

Try changing the aggregation in your BT filter from "max" to "last". Please bear in mind the change will only affect data after the change is made and not historic data.

Hope this helps

NJ

Hey NJ

Thanks for your response, I tried it but still same problem.

Doesn't changing aggregation to last would mean that return the pure path only if the last call to method used in measure took more than 200ms. There may be more than 1 call to this method in a transaction, I want the transaction to be returned even if this method took more than 200ms even once.

Attaching the screen shot. As you can see the highlighted Common/MQRequestReply.MQ Get() took 186ms still I got this transaction, similar is the case for other PurePaths which took around 200ms in total.

bt.png

Ajay

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hey Ajay,

Also another thing i will do is to create a "Method Exec time" measure and use that as my filter rather than the "Method time" measure as this "Method time" measure is the time taken by the declared method including further method calls.

Thanks

NJ

Hey NJ

Tried this but still same result. Actually I am interested in Method Time which would take into account the time taken just by this method & all the further methods that it calls, whereas as per my understanding Method Exec Time will just not include the time taken by the methods it calls.

Thanks

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Can you export a PurePath that gets incorrectly matched by that BT? The screenshot looks correct to me - so - I am wondeirng what is going on here