cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Purepath Information

yamini_dubey
Organizer

I am using the purpepath dashboard to get the data for a specific URI for last 160 days . I have set up these filters but still seeing data only for last two days. What could be the reason? Is it because purepath limit has been reached?

3 REPLIES 3

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

That would be my first thought - your purepath buffer (session storage) is full after two days. The session storage (as opposed to the performance warehouse database) is a circular buffer so new data pushed old data out.

Do you really want the purepath level (method by method call stack) info for the last 160 days though? That would be most likely be a lot of data.

Perhaps what you really want is a response time trend of either the entire purepath or a sub-component? In which case, create a measure. The statistics for this measure will then be stored in the performance warehouse for long term trending - exactly matching your usecase.

Hi @Adam G.

I completely agree with you . Just wanted to confirm.

Yes it is a lot a data . also this is a very chatty application I am referring to.

So if I create a measure today for this URL/URI, i will be able to have data from this day onwards, correct? and not historical data?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Yes, that's (mostly) correct. However, you could create the measure (to give you "this day forward" metrics) then export the purepaths that you do have and reprocess the purepaths offline - this would give you historical metrics for those older purepaths from before the measure was created.