cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Purepaths not correctly pulling from chart

jared_kemp
Organizer

I have some web requests that are pulling a specific URL: /MicrosoftDynamicsAXAif60/XXXXXXXXX/xppservice.svc

The issue is that we sometimes call this web call directly and the ones I am concerned about are ones that are called within a given purepath that is doing multiple requests. I want to track the response times of the calls within the purepaths and the measure seems to be achieving that.

Below is the Chart that is created for our given applications that have this web request within them:

The problem is that when I drill down into the purepaths from the chart it shows none, when I select the application from the measure table it only shows me the purepaths that directly call the webrequest, and not the ones the measure occurs within another request. I can pull the requests up by going to web requests>right click>show>all and locate them there. I am able to compare times and tell that the measurements are correct but I cannot drill down to the purepaths even if I adjust the filter. Is this just a limitation of dynatrace?

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi

I think what happens here is that every drill down from a chart to a dashlet sets a filter on this dashlet. In your case you will most likely see a filter on the PurePath Dashlet that filters by the URL of your Measure. The filter option for the dashlet however doesnt have an option like the measure where it says "ALL" occurences. It only checks the Entry Point. Thats why the drill down in your case doesnt work as expected. I would consider this is a product limitation

I have a workaround though for you. You should create a BT that filters on those PurePaths where you see at least one invocation of your URL -> that requires an addiotnal measure. You then use your measure as result measure. Now you should be able to chart the result of that BT. AND - if you now do a drill down the Chart should specify a BT Filter instead of a URL Filter on the PurePath dashlet you drill into.

I hope this makes sense and I also hope it works (smile)

jared_kemp
Organizer

Thanks, this work around seemed to work just great.