cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Qlikview server instrumentation

antoniofacchi
Contributor

Hi,

I need to check the bad performances of Qlikview.

Qlikview server is a service that uses a proprietary web server based on .NET.

Qlikview uses HTML pages with inside XMLHTTP requests with ASPX pages, like:

http://qlikview.saipemnet.saipem.intranet/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?mark=&platform=browser.MSIE%2010.&dpi=96

I need to have the performance of the ASPX (eg. AccesPoint.aspx), so I've instrumented the Qlikview server using dynatrace .NET agent and th edt agent is connected to our dt server but, here my problem, I can't to get any purepaths of the XMLHTTP requests.

Do I need to define any particular entry-point?

Have you any advice please?

Many thanks

Antonio

6 REPLIES 6

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Antonio,

For the HTTP based applications please check the below sensors are active and start PurePaths:

Java Web Services

.Net Web Services

ASP.NET

.Net Web Requests

Java Web Requsts

If this is not HTTP based then the custom entry point will be created through a custom sensor.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

thank you for the replay. The above mentioned sensors are already in place (eg. .Net web request has only active/inactive choice). What I need (maybe) is to define an entry-point form XMLHTTP requests inside the scripts.

Is it for some custom-rules?

Thanks,

Antonio

Hello Antonio,

Yes there is proper way to create a custom sensor for the entry point and for that purpose you need to know the exact execution method.

Regards,

Babar

antoniofacchi
Contributor

Hello Babar,

thank you for the replay.

Regards,

Antonio

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Antonio. If you want to see the server-side requests you should normally be fine by using the ASP.NET Sensor and make sure it is set to active and start PurePath. XHR Requests should also just go through the normal ASP.NET Request Handling. If you dont see these requests though then maybe the Quilk is using not only a propriatory web server but also a propriatory ASP.NET Implementation. In that case I would do the following

#1: Do a CPU Sampling with Dynatrace while you execute some load

#2: Look at the CPU Sample to learn when your custom code is executed and which Framework methods from Quilk are actually executing your code -> this will be a perfect candidate for entry point sensors

#3: Now simply create an Entry Point Sensor for these methods -> you can even do it from the CPU Sample itself via a Context Menu Entry that allows you to add Sensors. Just make sure that you specify the sensor later on with "active and start purepath"

I think I have a youtube tutorial where I explain Custom Entry Points: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unrey8wfq-M&list=PLqt2rd0eew1bmDn54E2_M2uvbhm_WxY_6&index=14&t=916s - starting at minute 14 I talk about Custom Entry Points

antoniofacchi
Contributor

Hi Andreas,

thank you very much for your clear and extensive explanation.

Best regards

Antonio